A Fist jam in rock climbing is jamming the hand into a crack with a clenched fist position, the expanded muscles securing the hand.
Give Up Rock Climbing? Here's Why
If you are a rock climber and wonder if you should continue the sport these are the things you do that suggests you should give up the sport.
1. You've chopped the rope with your axe while ice climbing.
2. Your climbing partner uses you to "test" for rock stability.
3. You fell off the tailgate of your pick-up truck.
4. People ask if you're a park ranger.
5. You buy shoes a size too big.
6. You aerate your lawn with your crampon.
7. If you wear baggy shorts and no underwear
8. If you say "I think it might be this way"
Why Paint a Hand Hold in Rock Climbing?
My daughter and son-in-law are rock climbers and own an outdoor recreation store in
- Real Cheap Sports, Ventura’s Outdoor Store is
located in the city of Ventura on the Southern California coast. The store was originally
founded by Jeff and Yvon Chouinard and opened in 1981 as Patagonia’s original
outlet store, just one block from Patagonia’s corporate headquarters just west
of downtown Ventura.
Today, Real Cheap Sports resides in its original location, but has an expanded
store space. Operating independently since 1998 as an "Outlet
Dealer," Real Cheap Sports is Southern California’s largest outlet store
for Patagonia closeout merchandise and features discounts on clothing and
equipment from a variety of reputable outdoor manufacturers for backpacking,
climbing, hiking, sea kayaking, and international travel. Come and visit them
sometime. They are always be happy to see you. Or visit their web site http://www.realcheapsports.com/